Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bye Bye scrapbook page

I'm on a mission to craft a little bit everyday beginning right now. So I sat down at my craft desk and began of course, began with the craft I know most...Scrapbooking. I pulled out all my photos from 2008 and began my album. My first page was of 2 pictures from New Years day. We were packing the car to begin our road trip back to Fort Bliss, TX after our vacation to visit Dennis's family in Lakeland, FL for Christmas. DJ (maybe 3 weeks old) and Paw Paw were saying their good byes.

My layout is inspired by a sketch I found on Pinterest, by Susan Stringfellow. Its pinned in my sketches board if you'd like to check it out.  http://pinterest.com/ZanetteMcCoy/sketches/



Recipe:
1 pc blue cardstock from colorblok
1 pc navy cardstock from bazil
1 pc patterned paper (a patchwork quilted pattern) from The Paper Studio (I fussy cut the "patches" apart)
1 pack of white glittered chipboard letters from recollections
1 strip of ribbon- I used Offray its a boy (I flipped it over so you cant see the its a boy side)
glue- I used Ad tech Crafters Tape in permanent
2 4x6 photos- I cut mine to 4-5.5 and 4x5
1 brown marker- I used one from Le Pen
cutting tool- I used an skilcraft cutting board

I don't think you can tell but the 2 strips of paper on the left side of my journaling where actually an after thought. Zan' Drea (my daughter) took a green Copic to my page when I went to get a drink. As an result I had to replace the second Y and add the 2 extra patches to cover her "artwork".

No comments: